Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Rewardco - anothr call centre selling cell phone contracts...

I'm really frustrated at the number of calls I receive from noisy call centres with semi-literate people reading from scripts, trying to sell me a cell phone contract. I just received a call from Jevon at Rewardco who totally lied to me when he claimed he was not trying to sell me a new contract. After 10 minutes of listening to him read his script he admitted that in fact he had lied and he put the phone down on me. I get at least 1 of these per week and it's a complete waste of time. They tell me that they get my number from Vodacom but since this isn't an 'application provider' it doesn't appear to be covered by the WASPA code of conduct. What can we do about this? Is there not something that can protect a consumer from this voice spam (actually much more expensive to me than email spam).

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Luis Claudio said...

Hi man. I´m from Brazil and here we have the same problem and seem that there is no way to stop this.

Luis.

3:27 am  
Blogger harish said...

Hi from india the same problem here also we cant do anything we have to wait for a chance

7:49 pm  
Blogger Alan Levin said...

Just got one from Plasma Mobile - Chad McGrath - definitely not a job I suggest anyone takes on. He confirmed that he has taken me off their database, next time will be a report to WASPA.

4:02 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home