Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Block outbound caller ID on Vodacom or MTN

People often ask me about this and I always forget (and it's seems not that easy to find). If you do not want the person you are calling to see your number (i.e. block your outgoing caller line identity - CLI) then you can:
a) ask the network to block it permanently (this isn't going to go down well with your friends and family, you want them to know it's you)
OR
b) dial #31# before the number, e.g. #31#0826008181 dial.

Works on both Vodacom and MTN and in most countries on most networks.

3 Comments:

Blogger Urs said...

Hi thanks for the info - but can you tell me if you know how - is it possible to block a specific cell phone number from calling your phone?

10:26 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

DEAR SIR.
I'M FROM CAMEROON.I WANT TO HIDE MY CALLER ID.WHEN I DAIL THE CODE #31# AND THE NUMBER.IT SHOWS CONTACT SERVICE PROVIDER.PLS ASSIST ME ON WHAT NEXT.
EMAIL ME AT maaflee@gmail.com

Thanks

11:21 am  
Blogger Unknown said...

I also need to know, there is several people who keeps dialling my number in the early hours!! they don't understand me when I say it's the wrong number. Please tell me how to block them! Thank you.

5:31 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home