Monday, March 26, 2007

Vista wondering

So there are heaps of MS Vista reviews and I'm wondering. The one that stood out for me is this somewhat academic "Cost Analysis of Windows Vista Content Protection". I'm also aware of some exceptional work that's been done on the IP stack which basically means that the Internet should work far better with Vista. This also enables the next generation of Internet addressing (IPv6) which is not native to other versions of Windows. At home we use Windows for playing games. Will we need to upgrade? And will we want to? Will we still be able to use DIVx and more importantly GB-PVR, I am wondering...

What about MS Office? We are happily using Open Office in a few situations, although for my work I have to use MS Office. This article featured in WIRED stood out: "MS Fights to Own Your Office Docs"

I'd love to hear your comments.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home